Carter Fairley is a Member of the firm and part of the firm’s 24-hour emergency response team. Mr. Fairley is an AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. He is often sought after as litigation counsel for major corporations and other businesses having legal issues in the State of Arkansas. Before joining the firm, he was a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in the 18th East Judicial District where he successfully prosecuted drug crimes, sexual assault crimes, property crimes and homicides while receiving jury trial experience. He also represents clients in criminal matters, including misdemeanor and felony state court defense cases and federal white-collar crimes. He joined the firm in December 2001.
- Civil litigation
- Trucking claims
- Premises liability defense
- Products liability defense
- Personal injury defense
- Insurance defense
- Criminal Defense
- Arkansas state and federal courts
- U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association member
- Arkansas Bar Association member
- Judicial Nominations Committee
- Pulaski County Bar Association member
- Defense Research Institute member
- Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel member
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) member
- Harmonie Group 24/7 Emergency Response Team member
- General Counsel for the Arkansas Tennis Association
- Past member of the Faculty Excellence Awards Committee for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
- Past member of Board of Directors at Arkansas Repertory Theater
- Former member of Board of Directors for KidSource, Inc.
- Past member of the Alumni Advisory Committee for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law.
- DRI Highlights Fairley Defense Verdict
- Sample Reported decisions include:
- Carlson v. Kelso Drafting & Design, Inc., 2010 Ark. App. 205; 2010 Ark. App. LEXIS 179, March 3, 2010
- Kistner v. Cupples, 2010 Ark. 416; 2010 Ark. LEXIS 510, November 4, 2010
- Presley v. Lakewood Eng'g & Mfg. Co., 553 F.3d 638, (8th Cir. 2009)
- Featured in “Fairley Simple Man” profile in Inviting Arkansas, October 2010.
- Member of the Moot Court Board, which represented the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law’s National Trial Team at the National Juvenile Justice Competition.
- Represented the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law’s National Trial Team in the National Trial Advocacy Competition.
- During his law school career, Fairley served as an officer on the Student Bar Association.
- Four year scholarship member of the University of Memphis Men’s Soccer Team.
- Former member of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee at the University of Memphis.
- J.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, 1999
- B.S. in Business Administration and Finance, University of Memphis, 1996